In Ha Long Bay, March is the end of cold winter and the fresh start of spring. In this month, the average temperature tends to increase, so do the humidity and precipitation. At a glance, March is considered to be the best month to visit Halong Bay for perfect weather.
Keep scrolling to get down to brass tacks and see what you can expect for Halong Bay weather in March. At the end of the article, don’t miss out on the pros & cons as well as some travel tips during this time of year.
Bạn đang xem: ha long bay in march weather
How is the Halong Bay March weather?
Halong Bay temperature in March is around 20°C on average, which can be expected to climb to the highs of 23°C and down to the lows of 18°C. During this time, the temperatures are believed to rise as the winter months gradually fade away. Thanks to the warmth, you can spend time joining outdoor activities, admiring the scenery, or simply putting your feet up in case of occasional drizzle.
- Sunshine hours
Set location close to the equator, Halong doesn’t see a significant change in sunshine hours from day to day throughout the year. March has an average of 8 hours of sunlight per day, among the highest months. It means that you will be able to enjoy more days of sunshine while traveling to Halong Bay in March. Make sure you check the weather forecast ahead to take the measure of cloudy days.
The monthly average rainfall in Halong Bay March is approximately 53mm over the length of 13 days. Apparently, it has risen compared to the average of February but still less than that of the summertime.
With an increase in temperature and rainfall, the humidity level of Ha Long Bay in March is about 75%. Like the rainfall level, the humidity is slightly higher than the winter months but still lower than the annual average of 90% during the monsoon season. Thank God, the humidity and precipitation in March are moderate enough to join most of the outdoor activities as summer slowly approaches.
- Sea temperature
For every beach lover, the sea temperature in March fluctuates around 29°C, which is relatively high compared to other times of the year. It seems to be warm enough to have a swim and enjoy hours of fun to take part in beach activities. However, you should bear in mind that a big difference between the air and sea temperature could cause a temperature shock.
All things considered, March is a great month to visit Halong Bay. Warm temperatures, low humidity, and less rainfall make everything perfect for outdoor activities and allow you to stay longer under the sunshine.
Halong Bay weather in March
Halong Bay things to do in March
Traveling to Halong Bay in March, you will have great opportunities to join most of the activities from indoor to outdoor here.
Outdoor activities offer a perfect seascape to forget about the busy life and get closer to nature. In March, warm sea temperatures and long sunshine hours give you a wide range of water-based activities.
- Go swimming in the crystal clear water of Ba Trai Dao, Tiptop, Tuan Chau, Minh Chau Beach, etc.
- Relax on the beach, sunbathing while enjoying the cool drink
- Kayak to the hidden spots including Dark & Light Caves, Cong Do Area, etc.
- Feast your eye on the purely natural beauty of famous limestone caves like Trinh Nu, Thien Cung, Sung Sot Cave, etc. as well as learn about history, culture, and geological tectonics
- A sightseeing seaplane tour is an out-of-the-world experience to admire Ha Long Bay from a different viewpoint. What a magnificent panorama from a bird’s eye view!
Kayaking in Halong Bay in March
Halong Bay from the seaplane
Halong Bay overnight cruise is definitely worth trying. The feeling of waking up in the middle of the bay, hearing the sound of the natural waves and winds is something you cannot find elsewhere. Therefore, booking a 2d1n/ 3d2n cruise is highly recommended. Four stars and above cruises would be a great choice if you are not tight on budget.
Indoor activities arranged by overnight cruises are absolutely amazing since March is such an ideal month to go on an excursion.
- Take part in Vietnamese cooking class
- Do Tai Chi session in the early morning
- Try squid fishing at night
- Let your hair down with spa and massage
Adventurous activities in favorable Halong March weather conditions are calling for you. Let’s try something challenging like rock climbing in Cat Ba Island, trekking in Cat Ba National Park, or going scuba diving/ snorkeling.
Playing volleyball on the beach in March
Please take a look at Top 25 Fabulous Things to Do in Halong Bay You Should Never Miss
Pros & Cons of Halong Bay trip in March
Halong Bay March weather is pretty perfect for a holiday. It is warm and not sticky, creating favorable conditions to take part in any kind of activity. There is less rain and it is unlikely that your trip will be affected by the bad weather condition.
With the pleasant characteristics of March weather, Ha Long Bay attracts a large number of tourists to visit. Due to the high season, the price for the cruise can be higher than any other time of year.
Local tips for Halong weather in March
Now, the weather condition doesn’t matter as well because everything is perfect for a vacation. Let’s come to an end with several local tips for your Halong trip in March.
- Pack lightly and only the essentials. March is the end of Halong winter but still chilly in the early morning and late at night. Hence, a light sweater or jacket, cardigan, T-shirt, and jeans are necessary. Follow our complete guide to Halong Bay packing tips.
- Don’t forget your swimsuits, wide-brimmed, or bucket hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses. The sunlight can be surprisingly intense during March.
- Book the cruise a few weeks or even months in advance to avoid unexpected disappointment. March is a busy time in Ha Long Bay, so the cruise can be booked out quickly.
- Get to know the travel route of the cruise tour before booking. There are 3 different routes for the Halong Bay cruises, each will go on one route only. If you like a busy atmosphere, opt for cruises following the Halong Bay route like Paradise Cruise, Indochina Junks, Pelican Cruise, Glory Legend Cruise, etc. Choose a cruise visiting Lan Ha Bay and Cat Ba Island route such as Orchid Cruise, Mon Cheri Cruises, Peony Cruise if you want something more laid-back and authentic. Bai Tu Long Bay Cruise is the most less-touristy area where you can find true peace in your soul. Emperor Cruise, Starlight Cruise, Swan Cruise are among the best cruises on this route.
Peony cruise in Lan Ha Bay
To sum up, coming to Halong Bay in March, you will see the bay at its finest. Hope that the above information is helpful for your trip. If you need any further details or help to book a Halong Bay trip in March, do not hesitate to contact us.
(Images source: Internet)